Friday, June 19, 2009

This should have been on here years ago...

This is a song that means the world to me and anyone who knows why. Just like the Ben Lee song, it's a song that I often forget about unless it's, you know, May. But it came back to my attention this week when Sarah Dessen put it on a playlist to accompany her new book Along For The Ride that is about a girl learning to be among girls. So it fits.

"And as long as she's got noise, she's fine. But I could teach her how I learned to dance when the music's ended."
- Dar Williams

That part always sticks out in my head when this song plays and it always elicits my biggest smile. Anything that comments on music does that usually. But thanks to this school and these women who really do teach me every day to dance without music.

No comments: