That I always forget about. It's just a really wonderful piece of music. I played it three times on the way home last night. I think the lyrics get at me, but also it just totally brings me back to sitting in the passenger seat of my dad's station wagon in the 90's, which was my very first exposure to any music at all.
"A long December and there's reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last..."
- The Counting Crows
"And the feeling that it's all a lot of oysters, but no pearls..."
- The Counting Crows
"Drove up to hillside manor sometime after 2a.m.
And talked a little while about the year
I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower about the things you could not show her..."
- The Counting Crows
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment