Thursday, December 31, 2009

In celebration of the end of a very long year...

But in celebration of a great year for music, I give you my annual end of the year list. Lyrics included this time.

2009 Albums Of The Year
1. Mayday Parade - Anywhere But Here
"You said you knew this was wrong, but still worth dying for..."
2. John Mayer - Battle Studies
"I love you more than songs can say. But I can't keep running after yesterday..."
3. Boys Like Girls - Love Drunk
"That summer radio, fireworks off the patio, a 3am string of green lights in a row..."
4. Holiday Parade - Tickets & Passports
"If I had it my way we'd put the past aside. We'd take the boat to the bay, leaving the whole world behind as the sea takes hold of our tales untold..."
5. All Time Low - Nothing Personal (maybe)
"You know I don't need sleep and I lost my keys, but I've got so many friends..."

Wow. I just spent like forever going through my iPod trying to come up with stuff that a) actually came out this year and b) I listened to it. It was far more difficult than I thought. I didn't listen to a lot of new stuff this year and the new stuff I did like, I fixated on. So in light of that...

Albums I Listened To The Most Regardless Of When They Came Out
1. Taylor Swift - Fearless/Taylor Swift
2. Matt Nathanson - Some Mad Hope
3. Jimmy Eat World - Chase This Light

Album That Got Played The Most In Kat's Car
1. Jimmy Eat World - Chase This Light

Album That Got Played The Most In Julie's Car
1. Boys Like Girls - Love Drunk

Song That Got Played The Most In Our Hall Group
1. Cobra Starship - Hot Mess (L&J)
2. Jonas Brothers - Burnin' Up (K&K)

2009 Single Of The Year
1. Lady Gaga - Bad Romance

2009 Discovery Of The Year
1. Florence

2009 Concert Of The Year
1. Fall Out Boy - O2 Arena London (because it's the last. for now. and for the look on kali and i's faces during disorder)

2009 Movies Of The Year
1. The Twilight Saga: New Moon
2. Up In The Air
3. Band Slam
4. (500) Days Of Summer

No comments: