Saturday, October 31, 2009

Another post for Mommy...

I've been missing her a lot these days. It's hard to be away from her at school and not have her hugs and her assurance in person. Her unconditional understanding. I know it's hard for us sometimes and we both have our issues, but she's my favorite person in the whole wide world.

And, yes, this is from the Hannah Montana movie. No judgements. Afternoons with Katharine.

"You tucked me in, turned out the light
Kept me safe and sound at night,
little girls on depend on things like that..."

"You had to do it all alone,
Make a living, make a home,
It must been as hard as it could be..."

"Butterfly fly away, got your wings now you can't stay,
Take those dreams and make them all come true..."

- Miley Cyrus

The closer I get to leaving her, to being a true grown-up, the more those last words ring true.

No comments: