Okay so it's time. Time for the All Time Low sophomore record mega-post. Let's pop-rock-n-roll. Quite literally. So the album's called Nothing Personal and it came out this past Tuesday. Since then, Julie and I have pretty much listened to it non-stop. Therefore, I've got a bunch of favorite tracks and even more favorite lyrics. I'm going to try my best to list maybe one from each song? Maybe one from the songs I like the best? We'll see. I wanna get this all down so I remember what I loved at the beginning. In track order. Absolute favorites are in bold.
"I wanna feel wreckless, wanna live it up just because. I wanna feel weightless 'cause that would be enough."
"You were fake, I was great. Nothing personal." (LMAO. Priceless.)
"Don't be so sentimental no, this love was accidental..."
"Suburban living with the feeling that I'm giving up everything for you..."
"Mix tapes of her favorite bands tearing up the radio lost in the stereo's sound..."
"You know I don't need sleep and I lost my keys but I got so many friends..."
"Dressed up as myself to live in the shadow of who I'm supposed to be..."
"Take the streets all night 'cause we sleep all day..."
"Hey there it's good to see you again. It never felt right calling this just friend. I'm happy if you're happy with yourself..." (Story of my freakin' life.)
"You couldn't have me, I didn't want you, and you're selling me out to the girl I can't afford to lose..."
"Arrogant boy, love yourself so no one has to."
Most of all, I am so proud of these boys. Julie and I spent a lot of time on Tuesday and in the days leading up to the release talking about this. We've loved them forever and now it's their turn to be superstars. It's watching Fall Out Boy pass the torch. And they deserve every single second of it. Love you boys. Welcome to the big leagues.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment