Wednesday, March 18, 2009

She has a thing for mix CD's...

"I spend my days just passing through
these roads, they lead from me to you..."
- Holiday Parade

These guys are special. They a) seem like good guys b) have amazing lyrics and c) are pretty kick-ass live. Julie and I have been becoming more and more obsessed with them as the days where on. Now, they've recently posted a new song called "Getaway" which is off their sophomore album entitled Tickets And Passports which comes out on April 7th. Make sure you get it. I'm serious.

And this song has been getting me through the past few days. I'm really truly connecting with it and even though it's about falling in love and that's not what I'm doing, there's an oddly comforting aspect to it for some reason. I can't wait to get the whole CD and let it warm me up.
Summer's coming and I think it'll be good for summer.

The lyrics above are some of my favorites and the subject of this entry is a lyrics too that was the first to catch my ear because, you know, that's me and Julie. And finally one of the most brilliant lines in the song...

"We live our lives like falling stars..."

No comments: